Brought to you by:

‘Substantive issues’ agreed in Steadfast deal

Steadfast shares were placed on a trading halt today as documentation on a proposed takeover by a consortium was being finalised.

“All substantive issues in relation to transaction documentation have now been agreed by all parties,” Steadfast said in the trading halt request.

“The parties are in the process of finalising the transaction documentation and associated financing arrangements.”

The Amwins, Dragoneer and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts consortium previously said it planned to acquire Steadfast at $6 cash per share, valuing it at $7.7 billion including equity and debt.

The offer was announced on June 10 and the exclusivity period was extended initially to August 19, and then to today.

The latest extension announcement, earlier this week, said the consortium had reconfirmed its intention to acquire Steadfast at the $6 level.

Under the proposed arrangements, Dragoneer and KKR will take over Steadfast’s retail brokerage business and Amwins its underwriting agencies.

The trading halt will continue until the earlier of a further announcement by Steadfast or the start of normal trading on Tuesday. The shares closed at $5.65 yesterday.


From the latest Insurance News magazine: Ansvar chief Jason Hammond outlines his mission to make the insurer a "true sector specialist"