Vero, 360 take out top Insurance Advisernet awards
Vero has been named Insurer of the Year and 360 the Underwriting Agency of the Year at this year’s Insurance Advisernet (IA) awards.
Almost 600 delegates enjoyed three days in Hobart at the annual IA conference and awards.
The conference was attended by authorised representatives (ARs) from Australia and New Zealand, as well as their industry and service partners, and the event raised significant funds for the IA Foundation.
Speakers included former Liberal Party Deputy Leader Julie Bishop, rugby league coach Craig Bellamy, wellness coach Rory Warnock, and professional surfer and author Mark Visser. IA MD Shaun Standfield conducted a closed session.
IA’s next conference will be held in Cairns in October.
This year’s award winners are:
- Insurer of the Year – Vero
- Underwriting Agency of the Year – 360
- Specialist Insurer of the Year - Berkley
- Employee of the Year – Allison Thomas
- Chairman’s Award – Andrew Borden and Nathan Richards
- Business Development Manager of the Year (Insurer) – Mike Kirwan, QBE
- Business Development Manager of the Year (Funder) – Tania Kaye, Hunter Premium Funding
- IA Region of the Year – Southern Region led by Andrew Borden
- Emerging Practice of the Year – Smith & Lane Insurance
- Southern Region Practice of the Year – Pace Insurance
- Northern Region Practice of the Year – About Risk
- Central Region Practice of the Year – Aether Insurance & Risk
- Overall Practice of the Year – Pace Insurance