InsurtechLIVE pitch finalists named
Five companies have been selected to pitch at this year’s InsurtechLIVE in Sydney on February 13.
Amelio Health, Climatics, Haast, HumanableCX and Peachii Insurance will compete at the event, hosted by Insurtech Australia.
“It was a really competitive process and good to see ... new insurtech emerging,” the industry body’s CEO Simone Dossetor told insuranceNEWS.com.au.
InsurtechLIVE will feature expert panellists discussing how the sector can become a “climate game-changer”, address a changing risk environment and help insurers stay relevant.
QBE Ventures Global Head of Emerging Technology Alex Taylor, who is one of four pitch judges, told insuranceNEWS.com.au the adoption of advanced technology in insurance is escalating, and artificial intelligence is “suddenly visible at every point in the ... value chain”.
“Pricing accuracy is increasing as a result of the ability to take into account more information about a risk, without increasing time overheads,” he said, adding multimodal large language models are “perhaps the most important area of development in 2024”.
The “AI revolution” means insurers must have large, organised data sets, with “much more insight into the specific nature of risks, as opposed to traditional rating table-based products”.
This raises the “tantalising prospect” of better customer service using text, images and video to help with interpretation and other tasks.
InsurtechLIVE speakers will include Cover Genius CEO Angus McDonald, Insurtech UK CEO Melissa Collett and Microsoft Azure Specialist Shane Baldacchino. Also appearing are Kanopi CEO Nigel Fellowes-Freeman, BCyber CEO Karen Stephens, Descartes Underwriting Head of North-East Asia and Australia Ben Qin, Tenity Venture Lead Jun Ho Bae, Austbrokers Life MD Ben Donald, Zemble CEO Aurora Voss, Leap Forward CEO Libby Roberts, ClearView CTO Hicham Mourad, Fair Supply CEO Kimberly Randle, and Risk Hub Founder Marc Fabris.
The pitch finalists:
- Amelio Health is a digital platform that brings behavioural science and artificial intelligence together to provide bespoke recovery programs.
- Climatics transforms complex climate information into practical insights, and is the only Australian company capable of conducting localised physical risk analysis for every insured property nationwide.
- Haast is a regtech start-up that helps organisations manage, monitor and reduce compliance and regulatory risk.
- HumanableCX’s artificial intelligence platform humanises digital insurance transactions with a conversational and visual interface.
- Peachii Insurance allows single-item cover on handbags, watches, jewellery, tools and sporting gear.
Tickets for InsurtechLIVE at Doltone House in Pyrmont, can be bought here.