Home / Daily / NIBA names full suite of winning brokers
26 July 2019
NIBA has today finalised the full set of state winners for its broker of the year and young professional broker awards.
The last of the winners to be named, for SA/NT, are broker Kevin Loader of Gallagher and young professional Jessica Dametto of Webber Insurance Group.
Five state award-winning brokers in each category now go on to compete nationally for the Stephen Ball Memorial Award for Insurance Broker of the Year and the Warren Tickle Memorial Award for Young Professional Broker of the Year.
The two national winners will be revealed on October 14 at NIBA’s national convention, to be held on the Gold Coast.
“We congratulate all the finalists who exemplify the highest standards of professionalism and competence in the broking industry,” said NIBA CEO Dallas Booth.
The broker of the year award, sponsored by QBE, goes to an "inspiring role model" who has demonstrated excellence in broking practice and client advocacy. The young professional award, sponsored by Vero, recognises rising stars under the age of 35.
State winners for broker of the year are:
• Victoria/Tasmania: Avi Tatarka, Scott Winton Insurance Brokers
• NSW/ACT: Damien Coorey, CRM Brokers
• Queensland: Lisa Carter, Clear Insurance
• WA: John O’Leary, Zenith Insurance Services
• SA/NT: Kevin Loader, Gallagher
State winners for young professional broker are:
• Victoria/Tasmania: Nick Daffy, PNO Insurance
• NSW/ACT: Scott Hardiman, Bruce Chiene Insurance Brokers
• Queensland: Caitlin Carson, JLT
• WA: Jordyn Gilbert, Zenith Insurance Services
• SA/NT: Jessica Dametto, Webber Insurance Group